from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or produced by a flood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to or produced by a flood or deluge.
- adj. Pertaining to Noah's Flood.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a flood or deluge, esp. to the great deluge in the days of Noah; diluvian.
- adj. Effected or produced by a flood or deluge of water; -- said of coarse and imperfectly stratified deposits along ancient or existing water courses. Similar unstratified deposits were formed by the agency of ice. The time of deposition has been called the Diluvian epoch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a flood or deluge, especially to the deluge recorded in Genesis.
- In geology, related to or consisting of diluvium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or connected with a deluge
Late Latin dīluviālis, from Latin dīluvium, flood, from dīluere, to wash away; see dilute.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin diluvium ("flood") (Wiktionary)