from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of grind.
- n. The action of grinding together or crushing into small particles.
- n. A form of dance in which two people rub their bodies together.
- n. Repeatedly performing the same quest or similar in-game activity in order to amass points or wealth.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the act or sound of grinding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- from Grind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who grinds; the action of a mill that grinds corn; a crushing or grating sound; gnashing, as of teeth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the wearing down of rock particles by friction due to water or wind or ice
- n. material resulting from the process of grinding
- n. a harsh and strident sound (as of the grinding of gears)
Sorry, no etymologies found.