from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of bone.
- n. The removal of bones from fish etc; filleting.
- n. The arrangement of bones in a corset.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The clearing of bones from fish or meat.
- n. The manuring of land with bones.
- n. A method of leveling a line or surface by sighting along the tops of two or more straight edges, or a range of properly spaced poles. See 3d Bone, v. t.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or art of determining a level or plane surface or a straight level line by the guidance of the eye.
- n. A form of machine-sewing in which two or more parallel lines of stitches are made in the fabric: used especially in corset-making as a means of holding the bones in place. See two-needle machine, under sewing-machine.
Sorry, no etymologies found.