from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of powder.
- n. A patch or application of powder.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from powder, v. t.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. plural Small pieces of fur powdered or sprinkled on other furs, in resemblance to the spots on ermine; also, bands of ermine.
- n. Decoration by means of numerous small figures, usually the same figure often repeated. See powdered, 2.
Sorry, no etymologies found.