from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The amount that a shovel can hold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The amount that can be moved at once with a shovel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. As much as a shovel will hold; enough to fill a shovel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. As much as a shovel will hold or will readily lift at one time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quantity a shovel can hold
Sorry, no etymologies found.