from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of top-dress.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. manure or compost spread over land and not worked into the soil.
- n. The act of applying a dressing of manure to the surface of land; also, manure so applied.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dressing of manure laid on the surface of land: often used figuratively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a layer of fertilizer or manure not plowed in
Sorry, no etymologies found.