from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process whereby a new organism is produced by fertilization
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act by which, either in animals or plants, material prepared by the generative organs the female organism is brought in contact with matter from the organs of the male, so that a new organism results; impregnation; fertilization.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of fecundating; impregnation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. creation by the physical union of male and female gametes; of sperm and ova in an animal or pollen and ovule in a plant
- n. making fertile as by applying fertilizer or manure
Sorry, no etymologies found.