from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being engrossed; concentration or preoccupation.
- n. The fact or instance of writing in a legal document.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of engrossing.
- n. That which has been engrossed, as an instrument, legislative bill, goods, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of engrossing; the appropriation of things in large or undue quantities; exorbitant acquisition.
- n. The act of copying out in large fair or ornamental characters: as, the engrossment of a deed, or of a testimonial.
- n. The copy of an instrument or writing made in large fair characters.
- n. The state of being engrossed or entirely occupied about something, to the exclusion of other things; appropriation; absorption.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being intent and concentrated
- n. complete attention; intense mental effort
- n. the mental state of being preoccupied by something
From engross. (Wiktionary)