from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The characteristic or quality of being groggy.
- n. Tenderness or stiffness in the foot of a horse, resulting in a hobbling gait.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State of being groggy.
- n. Tenderness or stiffness in the foot of a horse, which causes him to move in a hobbling manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being groggy, or somewhat under the influence of liquor; tipsiness; the state of being unsteady or stupid from drink.
- n. Hence In farriery, a tenderness or stiffness in the foot of a horse or a weakness in the fore legs, which causes him to move in a hobbling, staggering manner, often produced by much work on hard ground or pavements.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a groggy state resulting from weariness
- n. a dazed and staggering state caused by alcohol
- n. marginal consciousness
groggy + -ness (Wiktionary)