from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or characteristic of drunkenness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The condition of being inebriated; intoxication; figuratively, deprivation of sense and judgment by anything that exhilarates, as success.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of inebriating, or the state of being inebriated; drunkenness; hence, extravagant exhilaration of any kind; mental or moral intoxication.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. habitual intoxication; prolonged and excessive intake of alcoholic drinks leading to a breakdown in health and an addiction to alcohol such that abrupt deprivation leads to severe withdrawal symptoms
- n. a temporary state resulting from excessive consumption of alcohol
Sorry, no etymologies found.