from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To put into a state of confusion; befuddle. See Synonyms at confuse.
- transitive v. To make drunk; intoxicate.
- intransitive v. To drink; tipple.
- n. A state of confusion or intoxication.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To confuse or befuddle
- v. To intoxicate
- n. intoxication
- n. muddle, confusion
- n. A party or picnic where attendees bring food and wine; a kind of potluck.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make foolish by drink; to cause to become intoxicated.
- intransitive v. To drink to excess.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make foolish or stupid with drink; make intoxicated.
- To drink to excess.
- n. Strong drink.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly
- n. a confused multitude of things
- v. consume alcohol
- v. make stupid with alcohol
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)