from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Frustration or disappointment.
- n. Lack of ease; perplexity and embarrassment.
- n. Archaic Defeat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A feeling of frustration, disappointment, perplexity or embarrassment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of discomfiting, or the state of being discomfited; rout; overthrow; defeat; frustration; confusion and dejection.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Rout; defeat in battle; overthrow.
- n. Defeat; frustration; disappointment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. anxious embarrassment
Sorry, no etymologies found.