from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition or feeling of being displeased or unsatisfied; discontent.
- n. A cause of discontent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. unhappiness or discontent
- n. the cause of such feelings
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being dissatisfied, unsatisfied, or discontented; uneasiness proceeding from the want of gratification, or from disappointed wishes and expectations.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being dissatisfied; lack of pleasure or content in some thing, act, or situation; uneasiness proceeding from the want of gratification, or from disappointment.
- n. Synonyms Discontentment, distaste, dislike, displeasure, disapprobation, disappointment, annoyance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the feeling of being displeased and discontent
dis- + satisfaction (Wiktionary)