from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To free or deprive of illusion.
- n. The act of disenchanting.
- n. The condition or fact of being disenchanted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To free or deprive of illusion; to disenchant.
- n. The act or process of disenchanting or freeing from a false belief.
- n. The state of having been or process of becoming freed of false belief.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of freeing from an illusion, or the state of being freed therefrom.
- transitive v. To free from an illusion; to disillusionize.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A freeing or becoming free from illusion; the state of being disillusioned or disenchanted; disenchantment.
- To free from illusion; disenchant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. freeing from false belief or illusions
- v. free from enchantment
dis- + illusion (Wiktionary)