from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of pushing or thrusting out.
- n. The act or process of shaping by forcing through a die.
- n. An object or material produced by extruding.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A manufacturing process where a billet of material is pushed and/or drawn through a die to create a shaped rod, rail or pipe.
- n. An item formed by the process of extrusion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of thrusting or pushing out; a driving out; expulsion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of extruding, in either use; a thrusting or driving out; expulsion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings
- n. squeezing out by applying pressure
Medieval Latin extrūsiō, extrūsiōn-, from Latin extrūsus, past participle of extrūdere, to thrust out; see extrude.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)