from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being gibbous.
- n. A rounded hump or protuberance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being gibbous or gibbose; gibbousness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being gibbous or gibbose; roundness or protuberance of outline; convexity.
- n. A protuberance; a round or swelling prominence. Specifically
- n. In botany, a swelling or protuberance at one side of an organ, usually near the base, as of a calyx.
- n. In zoology, an irregular large protuberance, somewhat rounded, but not forming the segment of a sphere; a hump: as, the gibbosity of or on the back of a camel or zebu.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings
Compare French gibbosité. (Wiktionary)