from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of embossing or the condition of being embossed.
- n. Embossed ornamentation.
- n. The distance between the nondeformed part of a document surface and a specified point on a printed character in optical character recognition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The result of embossing; something that has been embossed.
- n. The process or act of embossing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of forming bosses or raised figures, or the state of being so formed.
- n. A bosslike prominence; figure in relief; raised work; jut; protuberance; esp., a combination of raised surfaces having a decorative effect.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of embossing or forming protuberances or knobs upon a surface; the state of being embossed or studded.
- n. A prominence like a boss; a knob or jutting point.
- n. Relief; raised work.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sculpture consisting of shapes carved on a surface so as to stand out from the surrounding background
- n. an impression produced by pressure or printing
Sorry, no etymologies found.