from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being curved like the inner surface of a sphere.
- n. A surface or structure configured in such a curve: "a perfect concavity of white sand lined with palm . . . trees” ( Islands).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being concave
- n. A concave structure or surface
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A concave surface, or the space bounded by it; the state of being concave.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being concave; hollowness.
- n. A concave surface, or the space contained in it; the internal surface of a hollow curved body, or the space within such body; any hollow space which is more or less spherical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property possessed by a concave shape
- n. a shape that curves or bends inward
Sorry, no etymologies found.