from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of duck.
- n. The action of the verb to duck.
- n. An instance of ducking (a person in water, etc).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. & a., from duck, v. t. & i.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of plunging or the being plunged into water: as, to get a ducking.
- n. The act of bowing stiffly or awkwardly.
- n. The sport of shooting wild ducks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hunting ducks
- n. the act of wetting something by submerging it
Sorry, no etymologies found.