American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The activity or sport of pursuing game.
- n. The act of conducting a search for something: house hunting.
- n. Electronics The periodic variation in speed of a synchronous motor with respect to the current.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The pursuit of game; the art or practice of pursuing wild animals in any way for the purpose of capturing or killing them; the chase, either as a source of livelihood or as a recreation or field sport; absolutely, in England, fox-hunting; coursing.
- n. In change-ringing, the operation of changing the order in which any bell in a peal is rung. See hunt, v. i., 3. Synonyms Shooting. See
- n. An arrangement in the number of teeth of gears in contact such that the same teeth come into touch with each other only after a number of revolutions.
- n. Chasing and killing animals for sport or to get food.
- n. Looking for something, especially for a job or flat.
- n. engineering Fluctuating around a central value without stabilizing.
- v. present participle of hunt.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The pursuit of game or of wild animals.
- n. the pursuit and killing or capture of wild animals regarded as a sport
- n. the activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone
- n. the work of finding and killing or capturing animals for food or pelts
- hunt + -ing (Wiktionary)
“I want you to take us out shooting -- hunting, you know -- _hunting_.”
“The only real contest in hunting is between the hunter and the hunted.”
“I have learned that success in hunting is almost always a direct reflection of the time and effort you put into it, but that its important to stick with it, even if you have a lousy season.”
“That the role of women in hunting is to shove their cleavage in men's faces?”
“Yes | No | Report from elkslayer wrote 38 weeks 4 days ago the fun in hunting is pursuing wild animals in their natural element.”
“One way to get kids interested in hunting is to take them on a blood trail.”
“To me bow hunting is a personal ethical low point in hunting because of the great potential to wound deer time after time instead of cleanly dispatching them.”
“My greatest pleasure in hunting is seeing the wonderful county the almighty gave us and enjoy seeing the different animals.”
“One of the best pieces of advice I've read about mountain hunting is to lose weight.”
“All of that being said, if youth hunting is declining and most of today's parents are not involved in hunting, it is up to hunters to create an interest for today's youth.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hunting’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Things and situations that draw and inspire humans and/or animals, to interact with one another.
Very basic words for ESL students.
An obnoxious and ridiculous madlib list where verbish '-ing' words fill in the blank wherein the blank is a call for a beating.
"You're ________in' for a brus...
types of parties
Looking for tweets for hunting.