from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Proceeding from and conformable to; in accordance with.
- adv. Accordingly; consequently.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. in conformance to, or in agreement with
- adv. accordingly, consequently
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Acting in consequence or in prosecution (of anything); hence, agreeable; conformable; following; according; -- with to or of.
- adv. Agreeably; conformably.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Done in consequence of or in the prosecution of something.
- n. A pursuivant.
- According; agreeably: with to.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (followed by `to') in conformance to or agreement with
Probably from Middle English pursuant, aspirant, from Anglo-Norman, present participle of pursure, to pursue; see pursue.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Anglo-Norman pursuant, present participle of pursuer (Wiktionary)