from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of stalk.
- n. Hunting for game by moving silently and stealthily or by waiting in ambush
- n. The crime of following or harassing another person, causing him or her to fear death or injury
- n. The removal of stalks from bunches of grapes prior to winemaking
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In sporting, the act or method of approaching game quietly and warily or under cover, taking advantage of the inequalities of the ground, etc., as in deer-stalking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hunt for game carried on by following it stealthily or waiting in ambush
- n. the act of following prey stealthily
Sorry, no etymologies found.
On one occasion a man was very busy stalking a rhinoceros, when, happening to glance behind him, he found to his consternation that a lion was _stalking him_! he escaped by springing up a tree.
What Would Emma Pilsbury WearWe're all familiar with the term stalking and its online equivalent cyber stalking but this website offers a less sinister form of celebrity obsession – style stalking.
When most of us hear the term stalking, we think of the well-publicized cases involving celebrities.
Until a few minutes ago, I didn't know there was "tool" within Facebook to "uncover" stalkers; dangerous words when applied to the term stalking, pardon the Freudian terminology.
Im loading what I call my stalking horse into your online banking folder and into your e-mail folder as well.
Even the word stalking itself has become such a natural part of our lexicon that it was used to describe the paparazzi’s treatment of the late Princess Diana, likening the way they followed her everywhere, clearly causing her emotional distress, to a hunter stalking his prey.
Yes | No | Report from smokepole wrote 28 weeks 5 days ago the hyperlite has some awesome features, but yes the weight if you are going to do any stalking is well worth it.
Yes | No | Report from bigjake wrote 13 weeks 2 days ago great story, doubt I'd be too interested in stalking in my sock feet in snake/scorpoin country though.
Especially adept did he become in stalking small living things.
The vampires begin stalking their targets in the crowd.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.