from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A carrying out or putting into effect; prosecution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A search for something; a pursuit or quest
- n. A completion or putting into effect of something already begun; a prosecution
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of pursuing or prosecuting; a following out or after.
- n. The state of being pursuant; consequence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of following or pursuing; pursuit; prosecution: as, the pursuance of some design; in pursuance of orders.
- n. Synonyms See pursuit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a search for an alternative that meets cognitive criteria
- n. the continuance of something begun with a view to its completion
Sorry, no etymologies found.