from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of furthering, advancing, or helping forward: "Pakistan does not aspire to any . . . role in furtherance of the strategies of other powers” ( Ismail Patel).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of furthering or helping forward
- n. Promotion.
- n. Advancement or progress.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of furthering or helping forward; promotion; advancement; progress.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of furthering or forwarding; promotion; advancement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. encouragement of the progress or growth or acceptance of something
- n. the advancement of some enterprise
Sorry, no etymologies found.