from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The position or title of a winner.
- n. Defense or support; advocacy: her championship of the elderly and their rights.
- n. A competition or series of competitions held to determine a winner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A competition to determine a champion, especially the final of a series of competitions.
- n. The position of champion, or winner.
- n. Defense or support of some cause.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State of being champion; leadership; supremacy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or honor of being a champion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the status of being a champion
- n. a competition at which a champion is chosen
- n. the act of providing approval and support
From champion + -ship. (Wiktionary)