from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To knock out, as in boxing.
- n. A knockout, as in boxing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A knock out.
- v. (boxing) To knock somebody out, to render somebody unconscious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a knockout; a blow that renders the opponent unconscious; -- used especially in boxing.
- transitive v. To knock out; to deliver a blow that renders (the opponent) unconscious; -- used especially in boxing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete or dialectal contraction of quoth.
- n. A Chinese unit of customary enumeration, in connection with certain classes of things: as, yi ko jin, a man or ‘one man’ (usually rendered in pidgin-English ‘one piecey man’).
- n. An abbreviation of kathodic opening contraction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a blow that renders the opponent unconscious
Initialism of knock out. (Wiktionary)