from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that clinches, as:
- n. A nail, screw, or bolt for clinching.
- n. A tool for clinching nails, screws, or bolts.
- n. Informal A point, fact, or remark that settles something conclusively; a decisive factor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which clinches; that which makes something final or firm.
- n. A tyre with a bead around the edge to attach to the rim of the wheel when inflated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, clinches; that which holds fast.
- n. That which ends a dispute or controversy; a decisive argument.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See clencher.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a point or fact or remark that settles something conclusively
- n. a tool used to clinch nails or bolts or rivets
- n. an argument that is conclusive
From to clinch + -er. (Wiktionary)