American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The condition or quality of being nothing; nonexistence.
- n. Empty space; a void.
- n. Lack of consequence; insignificance.
- n. Something inconsequential or insignificant.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The absence or negation of being; nihility; non-existence.
- n. Insignificance; worthlessness.
- n. A thing of no consequence or value.
- n. State of nonexistence; the condition of being nothing.
- n. Void; emptiness.
- n. Quality of inconsequentiality; lacking in significance.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Nihility; nonexistence.
- n. The state of being of no value; a thing of no value.
- n. the state of nonexistence
- n. empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk
- From nothing + -ness. (Wiktionary)
“Nirvana is commonly described as 'nothingness' or a 'void.”
“Raoul at 38: “the amount of know nothingness is staggering.””
“Why would a person of reason suggest that nothingness is applicable in any shape, manner or form to m & e?”
“Until eventually a perfect unified, timeless nothingness is all that is left.”
“If God's consciousness can exist in nothingness, so can mine.”
“A guy looking off into nothingness is hardly an homage.”
“Bob composed his face into an expression of nothingness.”
“Note also that nothingness is claimed to be "the basis of all things”
“Such a paradoxical, ambiguous nothingness is the place at which the Western notion of the aesthetic, itself a reconciler of subject and object, mistakenly meets the”
“For Hegel, Buddhist nothingness is a false, reified concreteness, a concreteness with, as we have seen, a soft, feminine, abject underbelly.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘nothingness’.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
grabbable, retuiteando, leaving, fantastic, absolutely, kurwa, hella, ridic, underpass, hate, interlude, plush and 2369 more...
So there's this guy...
and it's never going to happen.
I'm a little too into him.
But hey, who are you to judge?
These are the words that make me think of him
What The Little Boy Shot At...
Looking for tweets for nothingness.