from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of not existing.
- n. Something that does not exist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of not existing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of not existing; absence of existence; the negation of being; -- usually used with reference to existince in the real world, or logical possiblity.
- n. A thing that has no existence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Absence of existence; the negation of being.
- n. A thing that has no existence or being.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of not existing
Sorry, no etymologies found.