Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being black; black color; darkness.
- n. Moral darkness; atrocity or enormity in wickedness.
- n. uncountable The state, property or quality of being black.
- n. countable The result or product of being black.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being black; black color; atrociousness or enormity in wickedness.
- n. total absence of light
- n. the quality or state of the achromatic color of least lightness (bearing the least resemblance to white)
- From black + -ness. (Wiktionary)
“Well I guess my blackness is a little lighter now. obama is a liar”
“Some reviewers have criticized what they see as a propensity toward contradiction in the book, but one wonders whether it isn't an inevitable byproduct of her approach; Dickerson imagines a world where "blackness" is allowed its contradictions, and doesn't require a party line.”
“So I started mulling things over, thinking of cool stuff I could include — newts, banana slugs, pit toilets, sinister park rangers, the inside-a-coffin blackness of two a.m., the weirdos in the campsites nearby, etc.”
“In contrast, I feel that blackness is something that will be highly relevant to a financially significant number of readers.”
“Her blackness is an important part of her character and helps to determine why she does what she does within the story.”
“They are among the oldest Madonna images in the world, and their blackness is purportedly not related to race or ethnic origins, but has to do with obscure symbolic meanings and connections to earlier goddesses.”
“There, of course ARE books about kids whose blackness is incidental to the story.”
“Brydon was instantly enveloped in blackness, unable to see or feel anything at all.”
“It's amazing, Obama's blackness is highlighted against his whiteness, while it's 50/50, for purely racist and political gain by MCain and Clinton.”
“Lord Satyanarayana owing to utter blackness is white in complexion.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘blackness’.
Tolkien worked in the black section
of the dictionary at one point in his life
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Anything and everything astronomically related.
Looking for tweets for blackness.