from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition or quality of being inane.
- n. Something empty of meaning or sense.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being inane, of lacking material of interest or satisfaction, emptiness.
- n. Something that is inane.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Inanition; void space; vacuity; emptiness.
- n. Lack of seriousness; aimlessness; frivolity.
- n. An inane, useless thing or pursuit; a vanity; a silly object; -- chiefly in pl..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being inane.
- n. Mental vacuity; senselessness; silliness; frivolity.
- n. Hollowness; worthlessness.
- n. An instance of frivolity or vanity: as, the inanities of his conversation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. total lack of meaning or ideas
Sorry, no etymologies found.