from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being frivolous.
- n. A frivolous act or thing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. frivolous act
- n. state of being frivolous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The condition or quality of being frivolous; also, acts or habits of trifling; unbecoming levity of disposition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition or quality of being frivolous or trifling; insignificance.
- n. The act or habit of trifling; unbecoming levity of mind or disposition.
- n. Synonyms Lightness, Volatility, etc. (see levity) ; triviality, puerility, trifling. Frivolity, Frivolousness. Frivolity of character or conduct; frivolousness of an excuse, a pretext, an argument.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. acting like a clown or buffoon
- n. something of little value or significance
- n. the trait of being frivolous; not serious or sensible
Sorry, no etymologies found.