from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Excessive indulgence of one's own appetites and desires.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Excessive or immoderate indulgence of one's own personal desires and needs above all others.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Indulgence of one's appetites, desires, or inclinations; -- the opposite of
self-restraint, and self-denial.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The habit of undue gratification of one's own passions, desires, or tastes, with little or no thought of the cost to others.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inability to resist the gratification of whims and desires
- n. excess in action and immoderate indulgence of bodily appetites, especially in passion or indulgence
self- + indulgence (Wiktionary)