from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Excessive love or admiration of oneself. See Synonyms at conceit.
- n. A psychological condition characterized by self-preoccupation, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem.
- n. Erotic pleasure derived from contemplation or admiration of one's own body or self, especially as a fixation on or a regression to an infantile stage of development.
- n. The attribute of the human psyche charactized by admiration of oneself but within normal limits.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Excessive love of oneself.
- n. Sexual desire for one's own body.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An exceptional interest in and admiration for oneself.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an exceptional interest in and admiration for yourself
After Narcissus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
After Narcissus, a character in Greek mythology who became obsessed with his own reflection. (Wiktionary)