from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Pursuit of professional advancement as one's chief or sole aim: "Rampant careerism, which makes many a work place a joyless site, was in check” ( Mary McGrory).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The overwhelming desire or urge to advance one's own career or social status, usually at the expense of other personal interests or social growth.
- n. The perception that being a member of the military is a career, rather than an obligation to serve one's country.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The practice of advancing one's career at the expense of one's personal integrity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the practice of advancing your career at the expense of your personal integrity
Sorry, no etymologies found.