from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The instinct or desire to promote one's own well-being; regard for or love of one's self.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Regard for oneself, love of oneself.
- n. Excessive pride or vanity, over valuing the self.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The love of one's self; desire for personal happiness; tendency to seek one's own benefit or advantage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That instinct by virtue of which man's actions are directed to the promotion of his own welfare.
- n. Synonyms Selfishness, Self-love. See selfishness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an exceptional interest in and admiration for yourself
- n. feelings of excessive pride
self- + love (Wiktionary)