from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the quality of being selfish, the condition of putting one's own interests before those of others
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being selfish; exclusive regard to one's own interest or happiness; that supreme self-love or self-preference which leads a person to direct his purposes to the advancement of his own interest, power, or happiness, without regarding those of others.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Selfish character, disposition, or conduct; exclusive or chief regard for one's own interest or happiness.
- n. Synonyms Selfishness, Self-love. See the quotations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. stinginess resulting from a concern for your own welfare and a disregard of others
selfish + -ness (Wiktionary)