American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being ignorant; want of knowledge in general, or concerning some particular matter; the condition of not being cognizant, informed, or aware.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The condition of being ignorant; the lack of knowledge in general, or in relation to a particular subject; the state of being uneducated or uninformed.
- n. (Theol.) A willful neglect or refusal to acquire knowledge which one may acquire and it is his duty to have.
- n. the lack of knowledge or education
- From Old French ignorance. This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology. (Wiktionary)
“There is an ignorance that is sought on purpose, called _affected ignorance_ (in the Shakspearian sense of the word _affect_), as when a man will not read begging-letters, that he may not give anything away.”
“With regard to life's origin ignorance is depicted as a gap which will eventaully be overcome with evidence backing mainstream conceptions - the promissory note.”
“As for me personally, I think conservatives living in ignorance is pretty damn funny – so I would never try to change your mind.”
“He uses the term ignorance to include not only factual ignorance but also philosophical confusion, and ignorance about what kinds of things are good.”
“The arrogance of the use of the term ignorance here, requires no animadversion; but to suppose the greatest master, then in existence, of the English language, not acquainted with the meaning of the word, when he asked to be informed of the meaning attached to it by the individual making use of it, gives us some insight into the true character of the teacher.”
“Here the term ignorance implies that the underlying details of how an object can be persisted are”
“Do you think that your ignorance is a reasonable argument?”
“He says the increase of satellite channels - in particular Saudi religious ones - as well as the spread of poverty and what he calls ignorance have all boosted the fundamentalists' ranks.”
“Time for YOU to STFU your ignorance is an affront to all decent human beings”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ignorance’.
Use these and get promoted
More like THINGS I Don't Like.
I actually DON'T dislike some of the words...just dislike what they are, like ignorance. Poser is one of the words that annoys the fuck out of me. It's use...
themes and values
bad traits that are common in human behaviour.
goto traits (neutral)
goto traits (good)
( randomness, descriptive, psychology, mindset, perspective, outlook, noun )
Concepts that I hate to think about, and other stuff that should just GO AWAY.
everyday and sometimes not so everyday words that make me enjoy life more
Looking for tweets for ignorance.