from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Pride in oneself; self-respect.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Personal feelings or opinions of oneself.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The holding a good opinion of one's self; self-complacency.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Esteem or good opinion of one's self; especially, an estimate of one's self that is too high.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a feeling of pride in yourself
self- + esteem (Wiktionary)