from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the quality of being remote
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being remote, in any sense.
- n. In the law of conveyancing, a ground of objection to the validity of an estate in real property, attempted to be created, but not created in such manner as to take effect within the time prescribed by law (computed with reference to a life or lives in being), so that, if carried into effect, it would protract the inalienability of land against the policy of the law. See perpetuity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a disposition to be distant and unsympathetic in manner
- n. the property of being remote
Sorry, no etymologies found.