from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being sterile.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or condition of being sterile.
- n. Quality of being sterile; infecundity; also, the state of being free from germs or spores.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being sterile.
- n. Lack of fecundity; barrenness: said of animals or plants.
- n. Fruitlessness; profitlessness.
- n. Deficiency in ideas, sentiments, or expression; lack of richness or luxuriance, as in literary style; poverty; baldness; meagerness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (of non-living objects) the state of being free of pathogenic organisms
- n. the state of being unable to produce offspring; in a woman it is an inability to conceive; in a man it is an inability to impregnate
Sorry, no etymologies found.