Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being sterile. Lack of fertility; unproductiveness; unfruitfulness, as of land, labor, etc.
- n. Lack of fecundity; barrenness: said of animals or plants.
- n. Fruitlessness; profitlessness.
- n. Deficiency in ideas, sentiments, or expression; lack of richness or luxuriance, as in literary style; poverty; baldness; meagerness.
- n. The state or quality of being sterile.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or condition of being sterile.
- n. (Biol.) Quality of being sterile; infecundity; also, the state of being free from germs or spores.
- n. (of non-living objects) the state of being free of pathogenic organisms
- n. the state of being unable to produce offspring; in a woman it is an inability to conceive; in a man it is an inability to impregnate
“He objected especially to what he called the sterility of the logic then currently taught, and pleaded for a reform of the science along lines of broader human interest.”
“Speaking of equivocation, the chemistry dunnit monopolistic approach has multiple meanings even if its sterility is singular.”
“In short, unplanned exploitation of the renewable natural resources of the Province has gravely reduced their productivity and has established a progressive degradation which will end in sterility unless control measures are adopted.”
“The verdict of our scientists on our resources of soil is that we have established a progressive degradation that will end in sterility '.'.”
“Typically, Sandow's entire discussion of sterility is cantilevered off a distortion of what”
“Though such a long interval is certainly not to be universally recommended, as it is said that it may result in sterility [preventive measures in themselves never lead to sterility.”
“This is what is called the sterility of the hybrids between two distinct species.”
“Simplifying down to the most precious objects and actions will result in sterility, which is the road to spiritual ruin and mental rigor mortis!”
“He reproaches his former colleagues with being sterile and shows them that their sterility is the result of their not believing in anything.”
“This distinction is important, when the cause of the sterility, which is common to the two cases, has to be considered.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sterility’.
A collection of words about doing the nasty.
Looking for tweets for sterility.