from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of bringing something under the control of something else.
- n. The state of being subjected.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of subjecting, or of bringing under the dominion of another; the act of subduing.
- n. The state of being subject, or under the power, control, and government of another; a state of obedience or submissiveness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of subjecting or subduing; the act of vanquishing and bringing under the dominion of another.
- n. The state of being in the power or under the control or domination of another; service.
- n. In logic, the act of attaching a subject to a predicate: corresponding to predication.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. forced submission to control by others
- n. the act of conquering
Sorry, no etymologies found.