from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being lowly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being lowly; humility; humbleness of mind.
- n. Low condition, especially as to manner of life.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being lowly in mind or disposition; freedom from pride; humility.
- n. Low state or condition; abjectness; meanness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being humble and unimportant
- n. a position of inferior status; low in station or rank or fortune or estimation
lowly + -ness (Wiktionary)