from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being single.
- n. The result or product of being single.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being single, or separate from all others; the opposite of doubleness, complication, or multiplicity.
- n. Freedom from duplicity, or secondary and selfish ends; purity of mind or purpose; simplicity; sincerity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being single, in any sense of the word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. without hypocrisy
- n. the quality of concentrating on one central objective
From single + -ness (Wiktionary)