from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of solidifying.
- n. Concentration or consolidation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act of solidifying, or state of being solidified.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of making solid; specifically, in physics, the passage of a body from a liquid or gaseous to a solid state. It is accompanied by evolution of heat without a decrease of temperature, and by change of volume.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of becoming hard or solid by cooling or drying or crystallization
From French solidification, or from solid + -ification (Wiktionary)