from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An abnormal, often permanent shortening, as of muscle or scar tissue, that results in distortion or deformity, especially of a joint of the body.
- n. A deformity resulting from a contracture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An abnormal, sometimes permanent, contraction of a muscle; a deformity so caused
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A state of permanent rigidity or contraction of the muscles, generally of the flexor muscles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Contraction, as of muscles; contortion produced by muscular contraction; specifically, a permanent shortening of a muscle.
- n. Taking; catching: as, contracture of a fever.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an abnormal and usually permanent contraction of a muscle
Sorry, no etymologies found.