from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The characteristic of being tense.
- n. A particular vowel or consonant quality that is phonemically contrastive in many languages, including English.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being tense, or stretched to stiffness; stiffness; rigidness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the physical condition of being stretched or strained
- n. (psychology) a state of mental or emotional strain or suspense
tense + -ness (Wiktionary)