from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make or become tight or tighter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make tighter.
- v. To become tighter.
- v. To make money harder to borrow or obtain.
- v. To raise short-term interest rates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To draw tighter; to straiten; to make more close in any manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make tight; draw tighter; straiten; make more close in any manner; constrict.
- To become tight; be drawn tighter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. restrict
- v. narrow or limit
- v. become tight or tighter
- v. make tight or tighter
Old English tyhtan. (Wiktionary)