from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To graft (a scion) onto or into another plant.
- transitive v. To plant firmly; establish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To insert, as a scion of one tree or plant into another, for the purpose of propagation; graft onto a plant
- v. To fix firmly into place
- adj. Engrafted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. See ingraft.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- etc. See ingraft, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to grow together parts from different plants
- v. fix or set securely or deeply
From earlier ingraft, equivalent to en- (“in”) + graft. (Wiktionary)