from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who rushes.
- n. The fast defensive position whose objective is to sack the offensive team's quarterback.
- n. One who strews rushes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who rushes.
- n. One who strewed rushes on the floor at dances.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who strews rushes on the floors at dances.
- n. One who rushes; one who acts with undue haste and violence.
- n. Specifically, in foot-ball, a player whose special function it is to force the ball toward his opponents' goal, prevent it from being kicked or brought toward his own, and protect the backs while they kick or run with the ball.
- n. A go-ahead person; a rustler.
- n. A miner who rushes into a newly opened gold region, with a determination to get ahead of others.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who rushes; someone in a hurry; someone who acts precipitously
- n. (football) a ball carrier who tries to gain ground by running with the ball
- n. someone who migrates as part of a rush to a new gold field or a new territory
Sorry, no etymologies found.